Public Health Institute
(Instituti i Shëndetit Publik)
Telephone: 374 756
Alexander Moisiu Str. 80
Connect with The Public Health Institute:
Albania's Public Health Institute was founded in 1935 and has evolved to take primary responsibility of public health in the country. The mission of PHI is to prevent and control disease, injury, disability, and health damaging environmental factors in Albania. PHI, in close cooperation with other organizaitons is also responsible for the development of health promotion and education programs.
- Identification and monitoring of health risks.
- Health educational and public health promotion
- Data driven policy
- Public health human resource training.
Some of their centers include:
- National Center For Research / Study In Public Health;
- National Centre For Training In Public Health;
- National Technical Center Of Expertise In Public Health;
- National Reference Center On Public Health;
- National Operations Center In Public Health;
- National Center Of Quality Control And Safety Of The Public Health Laboratory
28,748 sq km
LEADING CAUSES OF DEATH:
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Influenza & Pneumonia
16 deaths/1,000 live births
AVERAGE LIFE SPAN:
Source: WHO, World Bank, World Health Rankings