(Santé Publique France)
94415 Saint-Maurice cedex, France
François Bourdillon - Director
Santé publique France or The French Public Health Agency was created on 27 April 2016 as the National Public Health Agency, resulting from the merging of the French Institute for Public Health Surveillance (InVS), the French Institute for Health Promotion and Health Education (Inpes) and the Establishment for Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response (Eprus).
Santé publique France will serve the population in all aspects of public health based on scientific knowledge, data, and information.
It will support the government and society in improving the health and well-being of the population. It will apply a population-based approach with the objective of reducing social health inequalities in all areas of public health: Infectious diseases; Non infectious diseases; Environmental health; Occupational health.
The agency is present throughout the national territory with regional units, including oversea territories, and works closely with the Regional Health Agencies (ARS).
Santé publique France will :
- Analyze up-to-date knowledge and data on the determinants of health and risk factors.
- Provide decision makers at all levels with independent evidence-based guidance and recommendations. It will be supported by expert committees.
- Propose measures to health authorities to protect the population from health threats.
- Develop evidence-based interventions for prevention and health promotion.
- Contribute to preparedness and management of health crisis, and provide support for the implementation of response plans.
Operating as a network, cooperation with partners and health professionals enables to combine strengths.
Openness and dialogue with stakeholders and the civil society is one of the founding principles of Santé publique France.
As part of its governance, Santé publique France will have four committees:
- A management board
- A scientific council
- A public health ethics and professional conduct committee
An openness and dialogue committee
101 Rue de Tolbiac
75654 Paris Cedex 13, France
André Syrota - Director
Created in 1964, National Institute of Health and Medical Research (Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherché Medicale - INSERM) is the successor of the National Institute of Hygiene founded in 1941. With 13,000 employees, INSERM is the only French public research body entirely dedicated to human health. Its researchers are committed to studying all diseases, whether common or rare, through their research in the fields of biology, medicine and public health. For a number of years, INSERM has acted as an independent scientific expert for decision-makers working in the field of public health (government departments, agencies, national health insurance, associations, etc.).
INSERM helps to assemble international scientific and medical knowledge, collect expert reports, and provide the scientific information required for decision-making in the fields of treatment, screening and prevention. Staff also help identify public health needs in terms of basic, clinical and therapeutic research. Synthesis of the research derived from the various expert reports is crucial for making recommendations in the various disciplines for INSERM’s scientific community.
- General Assembly Meeting Paris, France
- Vaccine Hesitancy in France, A Reality?
- Executive Board Meeting Paris, France
- Combining Medico-administrative with Registry Data for the Surveillance of Cancer with A Limited Registry Population Coverage: the Experience of France
- France Secretariat: Institute for Public Health Surveillance
- Heat Waves : A Challenge for National Public Health Institutes in the Context of Climate Change
- 2015 Annual Meeting
- BOURDILLON_Creating Santé Publique France
- Peer-to-Peer Model in Action
- Partnerships Strengthening Togo's Information System and Scientific Writing
- Organizational Chart
643,427 sq km
LEADING CAUSES OF DEATH:
- Coronary Heart Disease
3 deaths/1,000 live births
AVERAGE LIFE SPAN:
Source: WHO, World Bank, World Health Rankings