Nominations Open for IANPHI Executive Board
IANPHI members are invited to nominate candidates for the IANPHI Executive Board (EB). Nominations should be sent to Secretary General Hernández Avila and must be received by September 19, 2014. A nominating committee will review the nominations and present a geographically representative slate of nominees to be voted upon by the General Assembly at the IANPHI 2014 Annual Meeting set for November 2-4 in Marrakech, Morocco.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
September 12, 2014
Dear Esteemed IANPHI Members,
As you may know, IANPHI is managed by the Executive Board (EB), which consists of the President, the Vice-president, the immediate past President, and nine IANPHI members. Three EB members (1/3 of the members) will be elected each year.
IANPHI members are hereby invited to nominate candidates for the IANPHI EB. Only Directors of IANPHI member institutes are eligible for nomination.
Please send your Nominations to the IANPHI-INSP Secretariat: email@example.com by September 19, 2014.
The current EB members not up for re‐election or replacement, and the President, Vice-President and immediate past president of IANPHI will form the Nominating Committee to review the nominations and present a geographically representative slate of nominees.
1. Pekka Puska: President
2. Mwele Ntuli Malecela: Vice‐President
3. Jeff Joplan: Immediate past President
4. Mahmudur Rahman: Bangladesh.
5. Maris Jesse: Estonia
6. Ilesh Jani: Mozambique
The slate of nominations will be voted on by the General Assembly at the IANPHI Annual Meeting in Marrakech, Morocco, November 04, 2014.
Six (6) EB positions are open in total: three eligible for re-election and three replacements due to a vacancy from no longer
acting as the Director General of the member NPHI.
Positions to be considered:
1. David Butler-Jones: Canada (eligible for re-election but has not confirmed his intention to continue)
2. Amha Kebede: Ethiopia (eligible for re-election and has expressed his interest to continue)
3. Reinhard Burger: Germany (eligible for re-election and has expressed his interest to continue)
4. Cesar Cabezas: Peru (stepped down as the DG)
5. Igbal Ahmed Basheir Abukaraig: Sudan (stepped down as the DG)
6. Lakhbir Singh Chauhan; India (stepping down as the DG)
We look forward to receiving your nominations no later the September 19, 2014.
Secretary General IANPHI-INSP