2014-2015 Leadership Academy Sessions
Participants in the 2014-2015 session of the IANPHI Leadership Academy will take part in a series of interrelated events and activities, highlighted by two action-learning seminars.
SEMINAR 1: LEARNING ABOUT YOURSELF AND LEADING WITHIN YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Peer networking – Get to know each other and establish a common agenda and rapport by exploring leadership needs, challenges, and opportunities
- Personal leadership inventories – Promote personal insights through tools that stimulate reflection on participants’ own leadership styles, behaviors, and practices
- Active learning – Participate in interactive activities focused on:
Team effectiveness and performance
- Best practice presentations – Learn from facilitators and participants
- Individual development plans – Formulate personal goals to address through the training and beyond
SEMINAR 2: LEARNING ABOUT YOURSELF AND LEADING OUTWARD
To include presentations and active learning components focused on topics such as:
- Problem solving
- Situational Leadership
- Difficult conversations
- Communicating upward and outward
- Risk communication
- IANPHI-Africa Collaboration
- Supervisory Skills
- Gender Equity in the Workplace
Between the workshops, leaders participated in telephone coaching sessions designed to reinforce concepts covered in the workshops and assess progress toward personal development goals.
Seminar 1 took place on November 17-19, 2014, in Maputo, Mozambique, hosted by the National Institute of Health.
Seminar 2 took place on February 9-11, 2015, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, hosted by the National Institute of Medical Research.
Telephone coaching sessions were held between the two sessions.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE ACADEMY
For further information, please contact: Allison Greenspan, IANPHI-Atlanta, firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership can be learned. IANPHI member NPHI directors recognize the need to invest in the leadership skills of their executive teams for stronger, more responsive public health systems and improved health for all.
The IANPHI Leadership Academy was founded with generous support from Sweden’s National Institute of Public Health and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, along with local support from the National Institute of Health of Mozambique and the National Institute of Medical Research of Tanzania.